

Last weekend as I was having Hi- Tea with my friends... one of them was asking whether any one of us know what's the different between SUV & SAV...
I answered I know what SUV is but if I was not mistaken BMW X5 is marketed as SAV..
I asked her what's the sudden interest? She said that she's planning tu switch her MPV ( Nabira ..same like mine dah namanya best friend taste pun sama larrr :-P ) to SUV ..maybe upgrade to Captiva ..( sebab dia bosan dah ramai sgt pakai MPV) and she read somewhere about SAV ... so she's just curious...
So I did some research :-) & to my friend Za, the main difference is that an SAV isn't made to tow, or go off road, or haul a lot of stuff like an SUV can. If you don't plan on doing any of these things, there isn't much difference at all. An SAV is a glorified minivan made to LOOK like an SUV and I guess BMW made up the SAV acronym to differentiate their SUVs from others (biasalah maybe it's part of their Marketing Strategy) :-)
So go ahead..change to CAPTIVA ......
No comments:
Post a Comment